Sunday, February 16, 2014

Project Using Vinyl

Hello my friends. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Valentines weekend, unfortunately I was working, but that's okay. I am now off for the week and am ready for some down time.

I have a Nook, for those who don't know what that is, it's like a Kindle, but put out by Barnes and Noble. I recently bought a new cover and colors were limited, I ended up getting a black one. After I got it decided I wanted to decorate it some way. Here is what I did:



This is the front of my Nook. I can't remember where I got the flowers from, but decided it needed a little extra so I punched the circles using white vinyl and then stamped them with Staz On ink.



This is the back, the phrase is from the Cricut cartridge, Vinyl Art and of course the Mickey head is from Cricut cartridge Mickey Font.

I wasn't sure how well the vinyl would stick to the leather, but it's holding up pretty good. However, my "w" is coming off so I need to figure a way to make it stick better. I'm thinking I might try using a clear coat spray paint.  We'll see how it goes. I do like how it came out and remember how fun vinyl is. I need to start making things for my walls.

Well that's all for me tonight, until next time BIG HUGS to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment